(Planet Me)
Monday, September 10, 2007
 
Displacement Activity
2007_08250130

Some days I start out with ambition. I'll do this, and that, and the other, and I had a list of things to do as long as my arm. Quite important stuff.

Oooh. All will be revealed. Isn't suspense brilliant? Well. Maybe not. But the future is looking more opportune than it has for a while. I really hope to have good news for you all shortly.

Instead, almost all of today I spent trawling through something very boring. I needed to produce an electronic copy of a document (unfortunately, IT in their wisdom disabled the functionality so I couldn't produce a .PDF). So what did I do? I took screengrabs of the document (which was huge), dumped them all into Word, transferred them over to my home PC, then imported the .jpgs into Potatoshop, then rebuilt the documents into electronic .JPG's of the document. About as exciting as it sounds, stitching back together JPG's to recreate something that should never have been deconstructed. That took almost all of my day.

In short, if some twazzock hadn't switched off the .PDF function, it would have saved me four or five hours of tedious crunching.

Tomorrow, I go through paperwork. Hooray!

Comments:
Possible good news, you say? I fucking hope so, Mr. Reed - you're long past overdue for some. Fingers crossed for you...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats