(Planet Me)
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
 
The Martians And I, in Woking
P1090069

It's a hard life. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I could talk about all manner of work things - do any of you know what I do for a living even? - but that would be both thoroughly technical and, in all probability, utterly boring. I had no idea what I could turn my brain to when I was younger, or even when I was 22, so it is somewhat odd now to be described as experienced and be doing interviews in newspapers and talking about £22 million as if it is regular and normal.

Then I realise George Osborne - the man allegedly in charge of the economy - is only 2 years older than me, and certainly not wiser. And whilst I feel - on the inside at least - still very much the boy I was at half my age in 1992 - everything around us and me has changed beyond all recognition. The daily experiences I have no have nothing to do with the daily experiences of even four years ago, in terms of where I work, who I see, who I speak to, the most constant element from then are people I do not physically meet. There are things I do now that I know I couldn't've done years ago, and didn't have the chance to do. Now it seems I am finding who I am and liking it. And really loving what I get to do. Not everyone can be a rock star.

I am middle aged. Slightly overweight. With not much hair that is occasionally going grey. And I am fine with that. All that takes is time. No one can conquer time. It's what you do with what you have that matters.

This is the longest post I have written in 2 months. Any questions?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats