(Planet Me)
Thursday, June 21, 2012
 
Love, Peace, And....?
P1100081

Life is a strange thing. On a day to day level, it is often hard damn work. Always something to be done. Shaving, unless you want a beard. Washing up. Cooking. The clothes. The vaccuming. Housetoil. The race to the train, to the desk, to lunch.

Recently, now that I am no longer a boy with a single track mind in getting another career, and concentrating on my career, I have been playing catch up with much loved, beautiful friends of mine. Three, all seperately, that I haven't seen for some time, have said that I look happier than ever.

They are right.

Happiness is boring, and it produces poor art, but it's a darn sight more fun than the alternative. Over time, all human beings, as much as people stop from thinking "One day, I won't have to put up with this shit", to "I don't have to put up with this shit", to the Lethal Weapon adage of "I'm too old for this shit."

My wife and I sit together on the sofa, watching television. This is my peace, after a lifetime of fighting just to have peace.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats