(Planet Me)
Sunday, December 12, 2004
 
I've rounded up a few questionnaiures, and will insomnia as my fuel, whilst answering.

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Saw someone die.

Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Regrets are meaningless. You can't change the past. You can only change today.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. But someone will, soon.

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries did you visit?
America, Ireland, Wales, Scotland.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Decent sleeping hours.

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 5th. "You know we wanted to make a baby, well, we did."

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I finished the novel. I moved home. I changed the world a little.

What was your biggest failure?
This year? Only the little failings of personality that make you realise you aren't as great as you thought you were.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
A little. A week witha fever in April, and a week when I pulled a neck muscle.

What was the best thing you bought?
In terms of "value" probably my iPod thing.

Whose behavior merited celebration?

As ever, that of my friends. They are friends for a reason, after all.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Tony, George, and 59,000,000 Americans.

Where did most of your money go?
I don't know. On keeping a head over my roof/

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Er, April 16th 2004.

What song will always remind you of 2004?
1985 - The Manic Street Preachers.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? fatter
richer or poorer? the same

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleep

What do you wish you'd done less of?
I don't know

How will you be spending Christmas?
I will hibernate with nuts at the back of the garden, hoping nobody calls.

Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yes. Every day I fall in love with someone. The same someone.

What was your favorite TV program?
Spaced.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is so negative. I've tried to cut out any objects of hate from my life. If Hell is without God, then think of my idea of Hell as being Without Mark. Oh, some of my ex's in Hell...

What was the best book you read?
Wake Up Dead Man - Mark Reed (unpublished)

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2004?
Like far too many, Franz Ferdinand. Though I must admit, The Johnny Cash box set wowed me.

What did you want and get?
" What we want and what we need have been confused, have been confused. "

What did you want and not get?
As ever, financial security.

What was your favorite film of this year?
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I can't remember. Sad that.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being made second guitarist in the Manic Street Preachers, for an enormous amount of cash.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I was described as dressing pretty good today, which is always nice to hear. Don't know why, mind you. Er, fashion is what I'm wearing - Oscar Wilde.

What kept you sane?

My world view that, as many mental health nurses agree, that to be sane in an inane world is an act of bravery. It is those on the outside, and thus desensitised to our inhumanity to man, who are suffering from psychosis.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one I can think of actually. Sorry.

What political issue stirred you the most?

Everything.

Who did you miss?
My mother.

Who was the best new person you met?
Xander.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Never trust a politician.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I know what you think about the things that you've heard. And I guess that sorry is not a big enough word."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats