(Planet Me)
Monday, April 18, 2005
 
Inspired again by Adam Ant...

Instructions:

1 - Comment to this post telling me which of the 30 artists listed below, you have also seen perform.

2 - Take the ones from my list that you have seen (if any), and post them on your own blog.

3 - Add to those until you have 30 of your own

(aside from the ones that Adam has chosen and shares with me, I'm picking the ones I have seen the most, not the coolest). The ones in bold I share with AdamAnt. The ones * starred are ones that I have never really planned to see, but somehow always managed to, primarily because they were supporting some band I liked, at a festival I was at and happened to be the Least Crap option, which says a lot.

The best show I ever saw was New Order in Manchester in 1998. The worst, aside from the Happy Mondays, was Ian McCulloch in Leicester in 1992, where he was so drunk he fell over and then leant on the mike stand because he couldn't stand. Being a solo artist, he couldn't sack himself, but I dare say if it was a band, they'd've done a Pogues on him. In McCulloch's biography it gets a mention as the worst gig he's been at, and the lowest point of his professional life. Here's the list, list freaks:

01. Alabama 3 - 15 times
02. Beautiful South - 5 times, though mostly I never planned to*
03. Blur - 5 times
04. Carter USM - 14 times
05. The Cure - 5 times
06. Guns N Roses - once, at London's Docklands Arena.
07. Happy Mondays - 5 times, the last one was one of the worst gigs I've ever seen
08. Henry Rollins - 9 times on the spoken word trail
09. James - 6 times
10. Jane's Addiction - 6 times
11. Kingmaker - 6 times
12. Kraftwerk - 4 times
13. Manic Street Preachers - 30 times
14. Moby - 6 times
15. Morrissey - 7 times
16. Neds Atomic Dustbin (including Groundswell, who are the Neds with a different rhythm section) - 14 times
17. New Order - 8 times
18. Oasis - 6 times (if you include a Noel Gallagher acoustic set)
19. Orbital - 8 times
20. Pet Shop Boys - 6 times
21. Pop Will Eat Itself - 14 times
22. Power Of Dreams - 14 times
23. REM - 6 times
24. The Sisters Of Mercy - 8 times
25. The Stereophonics - about 15 times, but I never planned to*
26. Suede - 31 times
27. The The - 5 times
28. Travis - about 10 times, but again I never planned to*
29. Underworld - 6 times.
30. The Wonder Stuff - 27 times (inc. Miles Hunt gigs, 52 times)

You can read reviews of a lot of them HERE if you are bored.

Comments:
You've been very very busy!
Unless of course, you're a roadie?
 
I have seen, of your list:

the Beautiful South
the Manics
the Pet Shop Boys
Travis

sigh. that's not very good, is it?
 
1. Beautiful South
2. Carter USM
3. Guns N Roses
4. Henry Rollins
5. Jane's Addiction
6. Kingmaker
7. Moby
8. Neds Atomic Dustbin
9. Orbital
10. Pop Will Eat Itself
11. The Wonder Stuff
 
I saw Damon Allbran doing five-a-side footy once. Does that count?

If not, quote me a slice of Monty Brewster.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats