(Planet Me)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
 
Blue Monday


Generally, I like to have my shit together. Just do what needs to be done and not waste time. There is little enough time in this world : either mine, or anyone elses. And so much of our time is spent doing things we don’t want to do. Work. Eating. Listening to people we don’t like talking. Waiting. Travelling from a desk to a bed to a desk.

So when I’m in a queue, when I’m in public, I’m fairly conscious of the demands of people around me. I try not to keep people waiting : I don’t always succeed, but I think it’s just the height of rudeness to run late as a matter of principle.

Behind the couple today at the Southbank, it was 20 questions. Know what you want? Got the money? Pay and Go. Don’t waste my life. Instead it’s asinine aside and ignorant pigshit question. In the meantime, I’m growing older with every second.

Tick. Tock. Goes the ticking of the clock. Time. All those seconds are never coming back.

When there’s a queue I really try to minimise the amount of time I spend wasting other peoples time in order to get done what I need to get done. Do what needs to be done efficiently. Come prepared and knowledgable.

I’m a grump, yes I know this. But also, I’m not a timewaster. I know how valuable my time is as is yours. I won’t waste it. I’ll spend the absolute minimum amount of time I need in order to get done what I need to get done. Because time is the one thing there’s never enough of.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats