(Planet Me)
Sunday, October 14, 2007
 
The End of The Weekend
039

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am knackered today. Seomwehere between going to bed and getting up, I pulled a muscle in my back - I have a weak muscle there that snapped in 2000 (running for a bus in Walsall of all places) that seems to think I am about 84 - and therefore, I've been curled into the couch today trying to make that sharp pain go away. I am now 12 days into my unemployment : 8 more to go.

I am transferring old Oasis concerts from VHS to DVD. I'd forgotten how much stuff I have. It's taking an age to slowly upgrade everything from quarter inch videotape to disc. (I've made about 100 DVDR's thus far in the course of the past 3 weeks, that's around 200 hours of stuff.) Still, once it's off tape it's been preserved forever in digital form. Tapes snap, fall out of sync, get corrupted. By their nature they are an imperfect storage form. I dread to think how long it would take to get all my C90's into digital form.

Yesterday we went to the Science Museum. My bad. The Northern, Circle and District lines were closed. There were also Rugby, Football and Cricket matches on. Therefore, London was a bunch of crap. Instead of walking 100 yards from Charing Cross to Embankment and then a quarter hour journey over to South Kensington, I had to walk to Westminster, take the tube to Green Park, change there, get the tube to South Kensington and walk to the Science Museum. The tubes were running no more frequently than usual (I had a 7 minute wait at Green Park to get a Jubilee Line train).

Of course, I was a single man with a baby in a buggy. All those stairs were rather.. challenging. Never again.

Xander added a few words to his vocabulary. "Spaceship". "Foxes". "Rainbow". Clever lad. We had a lovely time. He's got hundreds of words now.

Now playing : David Bowie, Stage.
Now watching : William Burroughs, Arena documentary. (YouTube excerpts here)
Now linking to : The Life And Death Of Jesse James.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats