(Planet Me)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
 
The Way Out Is Through
portraitwithlyrics

...was a shit year. I was assualted several times by a hypocritical and demented woman who thinks violence is acceptable. She also illegally impersonated my online identity and stole £3,500 from my bank account.

I spent a day at hospital with a potential fractured wrist after being hit with a shoe nine times. I was threatened with being thrown out of a moving car after being sprayed in the face with de-icer.

I also finally called to an end, when she moved out, six months of sleeping on a rotting bed in the back room, exiled out of my own fucking bed, and kept awake by the roar of a boiler all night long.

Apparently, I'M THE ONE abusing her?

I wake up every morning no later than 6.36, in the dark and the cold, crawl to work, and work my nuts all day. I love the job ; but it is very very very fucking hard.

My son went from seeing me most nights to one night in seven.

Someone drove a car at me, tried to drag us out in the street, spat at us, and was cautioned by the police.

I spent a few days at the seaside. I went to Birmingham, and spent a weekend in Prague. Plans for Paris were scuppered twice – once by fire.. and once by a fractured 5th proximal metatarsal.

I spent a month housebound in a plastercast and crutches.

I was knocked out three times, filled with barbituates and opiates, and had my teeth ripped out as well as root canal work.

I lost a friend to hypocrisy and ignorance.

I found love again.

I got divorced.

I worked. I saved my employer a lot of money and this made the lives of ill people a bit easier. I saw a few concerts : noticably Leonard Cohen for probably the only time in my life. There were others. Bought a few records.

It was dramatic, and often very painful. Not a year I would wish on anyone. Most of it was tired and quite tedious, some of it was horrific, and some of it was beautiful.

I will be happy again. The future promises much. I hope it delivers. It was a shit year, but the only way out of it was through.

Comments:
unpleasant commemts are deleted ; debate is fine, but potentially abusive material isn't.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats