(Planet Me)
Saturday, November 26, 2011
 
Outrage!
P1100792

Frankie Boyle touches on a few issues in this interview in the Guardian, but for me what stands out is the huge gulf between who most people are... and who the mainstream press tells us we should be.

Read the press, and we should be horrified a Tory MP once took drugs, or an adult male had sex with more than one person at the same time. As Boyle says, it's a pantomime : a mock horror mixed with envy, that expresses the moral straitjacket that no human being alive should have a life worth living. I'd much rather have an MP who'd taken drugs than one who was too scared to. The sense of distant moral outrage and hypocrisy staggers me : most human beings, if they're honest with each other, say and do stuff that would see us crucified in the press for being responsible for the fall of mankind and worse than Sodom and Gommorah. Truth be told, I want my public figures to have interesting lives, ones that satisfy them, and I don't care who Steve Coogan puts his penis into as long as it isn't me or my partner. It is completely irrelevant to my life. Same with Gideon Osborne.... though if he is managing the economy whilst coked off his tits, it wouldn't exactly surprise me at the moment.

And if he is, well, frankly. It's not just the economy. It's my economy, and yours as well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats