(Planet Me)
Sunday, January 26, 2014
 
If Love Is The Answer, What Is The Question?
IMG_3686

When were you happiest? Happiness is fleeting : a few minutes here or there, enjoyed, not remembered. But the biggest wave of absolute euphoria I have experienced in an abstract sense in the immediate past was experiencing the descending bass run of Spacelab” by Kraftwerk in 3D at the Tate last year.

What is your greatest fear? That inequality and cruelty will triumph over kindness.

What is your earliest memory? I have two that are very close to each other. My brother falling over in the car park of a pub on Northfield village green on a pint glass, and cutting his hand open, and another of him on a tricycle in my Grandparents garden of Number 93.

Which living person do you most admire, and why? Someone who has a strength beyond anyone else I know.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I could have been more thoughtful when younger in relationships.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? An inability to respect others wish for quiet.

What is your most treasured possession? My memories. If I lose those, I forget how I became the person I am today.

Where would you like to live? Anywhere that feels like home. I spent many years feeling like I didn't quite belong in whatever place I was. I was a man with a fork in a world of spoons.

What would your super power be? A freedom from the physical constraints of health and finance and sleep would be a state of bliss.

What makes you unhappy? Walking behind very slow moving people who block the pavement.

Who would play you in the film of your life? Christian Bale in a fat suit with a shaved head, probably.

What is your favourite smell? The smell of Celine Dion's man. Failing that, a really good meal.

What is your favourite word? Love. Such a small word for something so big.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice? Micheal Stipe in a white suit or Moby. I wouldn't even need to change the glasses. Were I to make an effort, Nick Fury.

Cat or dog? Cat. Don't trust DOG PEOPLE.

What do you owe your parents? My understated hair line and my underachieving eyesight.

What or who is the greatest love of your life? Family, friends, music.

Who would your invite to your dream dinner party? My Mum.

When did you last cry and why? In bed a few months ago, when a great weight was lifted from me.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life? A lot of money would be helpful.

What do you consider your greatest achievement? I've worked on some fascinating things : I worked on the team that introduced a new type of DNA analysis that dramatically improved conviction rates for criminals, I quietly saved a lot of jobs from redundancy at one of my employers, I worked on introducing some medical technology into Europe that changed many lives. Not stuff I will ever see, but stuff that thousands of people have benefited from.

How would you like to be remembered? At all, would be nice.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?Be excellent to each other” is a great motto. The Tao Of Bill & Ted will keep us all

Where would you most like to be right now? Wednesday.

Tell us a secret? I'll tell you something you probably don't know. I have seen The Wonder Stuff 149 times.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats