(Planet Me)
Saturday, November 28, 2020
 
MARK'S NOTCAST Ep 25 : U2's "Boy" 40th anniversary. 28 November 2020.


28th November 2020 : here I talk about U2's debut album "Boy", the early days, demos, the early singles, unreleased songs, fanclub live albums, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, death (cheery!), PiL, Edge's use of a Gibson Explorer and his Memory Man echounit, the stable band lineup, Joy Division, Martin Hannett, and well, anything else I can think of. "Boy" is a great debut album that's nearly perfect, and showed little sign of the bands future direction. I'm a little harsh on some of their contemporaries who, over time, have turned into absolute rubbish in my opinion.

My personal playlist of the album is a little different to the released album : Here's the way I like to listen to it...

01.I Will Follow
02.A Day Without Me
03.The Electric Co.
04.Twilight
05.An Cat Dubh
06.Into The Heart
07.Out Of Control
08.Stories For Boys
09.Another Time, Another Place
10. Shadows And Tall Trees
11. The Ocean


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats