(Planet Me)
Monday, September 13, 2021
 
MARK'S NOTCAST Ep 140 : David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" and 1971-72. 13 September 2021.

Notcast Episode 140 : David Bowie's "Hunky Dory" is 50 this year, so it's older than me! Today I talk about the album, the singles "Life On Mars" (and "Changes"), the 2017 RSD edition of "BowPromo1" of rough mixes from the LP, the 1990 Rykodisc edition with bonus tracks, the only David Bowie autobiography [of a sort], the "David Bowie Is" exhibition book, and the Arnold Corns singles, include an obscure 1984 Dutch 12". This is not my favourite Bowie LP - so it's not my best ever Episode -, as I've had to work backwards from my favourite era, through the stadium rock years, and whilst I know this is a great LP, I haven't quite connected with it.... yet. 13 September 2021.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats