(Planet Me)
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
 
MARK'S NOTCAST Ep 236 : Suede's "Autofiction" album. 28 September 2022

NOTCAST Ep 236 : It's not often - ever - in fact I get to be on album that's #2 in the UK charts so I'm going to milk it as much as I can. Suede's 9th album, "Autofiction" came out last week, and its my album of the year, because its ruddy brilliant. I talk about the albums themes and obsessions of family, identity and anxiety, the relationship we have with our parents, aging, being neuro diverse, a secret band called Crushed Kid, the influence of post punk, the raw power of loud live music, 'singing' backing vocals, personality disorders, the Eddie Murphy film "Meet Dave", being 15 again, the use of cars in Suede lyrics, agency and the recurrent imagery of being an outsider in a world you feel like you don't fit into. This one's a biggie! 28 September 2022.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

website stats